torsdag 14 oktober 2010

Put a spell on me.... please!

I wish I was sleeping beauty.... maybe not for a hundred years but for a week or two. If you know any scientists who needs a research object in a study on how LITTLE sleep a person can get and still walk around I'm available.

Yes I know that one is supposed to sleep really bad when there are small kids in the family. But I doubt that there are many six-year-old kids that get up in the middle of the night and start playing, wandering around the house turning all the lights on, picking up stuff to throw in their mother's face just to make sure she isn't getting any rest if she decides to stay in bed and try to ignore the fact that he's up. 4, 3, 2:30 and 3 are not the numbers of some lottery I entered (but come to think of it maybe I should buy a lottery ticket cause I'd probably have a better chance of hitting the jackpot than being able to sleep til 7 o'clock one morning).

What makes it worse is that people makes comments like.... you don't look tired. Well that's because you have only known me while I've been looking like a zombie. Today one of my students told me that I actually looked more tanned than I usualy do.... My answer to that one was "Well that has to be dirt". In my mind I was counting the days since I had a proper shower since Magnus is working evenings this week and those weeks there are limited chances of getting in the shower without the kids wrecking the house.

Yeah... I know you think I'm exaggerating but this morning I went out to pick up some clothes from the laundry room and that took a maximum of two minutes. During that time Leo had managed to turn on all four plates on the stove and when I came into the kitchen I could smell something burning and I tell you it was not a pretty sight. Just take a minute to think about what would have happened if I'd taken a shower (even if I hurry that will take more than 2 minutes) For me the choice is easy... I'd rather have a roof over my head than clean ears.

Well I'd better go to bed cause the nights are short here in Stringlake.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar