torsdag 21 oktober 2010

Surprise, surprise.

Yesterday I met up with some other moms who like me have a "special" kid. We spent all evening with nice food and wonderful conversation. Mostly we complained about how hard it seems to be for men to think for themself. For instance I thought that this morning was going to be like all other mornings when Magnus is taking Hugo for a check-up somewhere. He stays in bed while I get everything organized for their trip. Pack everything, get the kids ready, make breakfast and so on. And I had forgotten to change the time for Leo's arrival to pre-school so I thought that I'd have to drop him of even if pre-school is on the way to where Magnus and Hugo are going.

Was I in for a major surpise this morning when Magnus' alarm went of BEFORE mine did (he beat me with half an hour) and he actually got up and made breakfast, not only for himself but for the kids as well. He also got Hugo ready without complaining and around half past six he started to gather shoes and wintercoats for both kids so they could get on the way. We usualy don't go to pre-school til around half past seven so I had to ask why he was dressing Leo as well since I hadn't changed the time. Magnus had remembered to change the time HIMSELF yesterday when he picked the kids up from pre-school.

One can hope that this is the start of a new era but I guess I should just take it one day at a time and enjoy this moment cause it might not happen again.

P.S The first snow arrived yesterday evening and even if I don't like to come out to a frozen car every morning I kind of like the fact that winter is sneaking up on us.

1 kommentar:

  1. Tänk på Pavlov och hans hundar, ett sådant beteende vill man ju befästa! Massor av beröm, en god middag och en bön till högre makter så kanske... Glöm inte att han är en man och en sådan är alltid oberäknelig.

    SvaraRadera